Thursday 19 February 2015

Flying High...

“The caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity.” 
― George Carlin

Hello everyone...

Hope you've all had a wonderful week and I can't believe that it's Thursday already!! I've been busy creating lots of new projects here at Chez Williams' and to be honest, time has literally flown!

But today, I just wanted to pop by and share a project that I made for the recent Craftwork Cards shows on Create and Craft.

I was given the gorgeous More Than Words kit to work with, which is available to buy HERE and if you watch the shows, you will have seen that I made quite a few cards which I will be sharing with you all very soon but one thing that I don't think was shown in detail was this little upcycling project! So, I thought I would drop by to share it today, so that you can see it in all it's glory and hope you love it as much as I loved making it!
The first thing that I'll tell you about this project its that it started life as a kitchen roll. Yep, the bobbin is completely handmade and even the wooden effect top and bottom of this bobbin is some old chipboard packaging which I painted with Distress Paints to create the look of wood!

The butterflies which are from the kit, are layered and attached to wire.
For the base, I used an old DVD and covered it with paper. I then added some seam binding, Candi and die cut leaves as extras BUT everything else you see is provided in the kit.
 This is a side view of the display.

When I receive kits such as these, I always like to create cards and projects that showcase all the product to it's best advantage and even though this project is taking the kit to the next level, it is also the perfect kit for beginners. So, whatever your level of crafting is and if you haven't bought it yet...then, this is a must!!!

Before I leave you, I just wanted to let you know that the March issue of Making Cards Magazine is now available and is packed full of wonderful, detailed card projects from all the talented contributors and, also includes a couple of card projects from yours truly...
...and if that wasn't enough, it also includes 32 FREE craft papers with this edition!!
That's if from me for today and thank you so much for popping by!
See you soon ~ love Emma xx


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Emma! I love all the clever ways that you've upcycled things. The butterflies popping up on wire are lovely and I love the quote too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful. always love your twists on paperkits, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered what it was when it was on the show. Love it. So pretty and something different. Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews