Saturday 17 February 2018

She Dreams of Faraway Places....

Hi everyone...

Hope you've all had a fabulous week and looking forward to a happy weekend! Today, I'm just popping by to share another of the projects that I created for Tim Holtz's idea-ology booth at Creativation 2018.
I was so happy with this project and I just loved the way it turned out, it was one of those that just went to plan and everything fell into place, thanks to all the wonderful new idea-ology products that I used. So, today I'm going to just show you around this tag and show you a few of those exciting new products.
The main base of the project is a small Etcetera Tag which I painted with a blend of Picket Fence, Pumice Stone and Antique Linen Distress Paint. I then collaged some of the gorgeous new Floral Collage papers over the top of the painted tag, adhering them with Matte Collage Medium. I aged the tag with Distress Crayons and a few flicks of Black Soot Distress Paint.

I then added one of the brand new Collage Frames over the top which I aged with the help of the Sanding Tool and Distress Crayons and I also adhered some more of the Collage Paper onto the surface ~ you can see the script font by the girl's feet. The frame was attached with foam pads to create some more dimension and I layered it over the top of the Aviary Collage Papers adhered to the Etcetera Tag. I also added Hex Fasteners to each corner.

The came the centrepiece and focal point of this whole project. For this, I used some of the Botanical Layer Ephemera pieces and placed the flowers around the aperture. I then added my beautiful little girl from the new Paper Dolls pack and sat her on a word key complete with a small piece of Linen Ribbon.
To add even more dimension to this central area, I added some Bouquet Adornments which I coloured with Shaded Lilac Distress Spray Stain.
Finally I added one of the new Quote Tokens, which had a small amount of Picket Fence paint added to accentuate the wording and arranged this in the bottom left hand corner together with some more lilac flowers.
I added some dyed crinkle ribbon through the hole and some fluttering butterflies to complete the tag....
I hope you love this project as much as I loved creating it and that it's inspired you on how to use some of the new products.
As always, I'd love for you to leave a comment, I really do appreciate them all and I'll be back soon to show you another project from Creativation 2018 and in the meantime, I'll see you on Monday with my latest Simon Says Stamp project!

Have a great weekend and take care...Emma xx


8 comments:

  1. Glorious! For some reason, this tag moves me in such a way I cannot put into words. Or perhaps, that word is Glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty piece! TFS Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those new paper dolls are so adorable too, love the quote tag... just precious! Tag is beautifully created my dear !

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a wonderful piece Emma! truly one of may favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely charming! Emma . Such a wonderful and beautiful showcasing of some of the fabulous new ideology . Everything works together in harmony telling such lovely heartwarming story . Thank you so much for sharing , enabling us to have closer appreciation of your creativity .
    Hope you have a lovely Sunday
    big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma, such a splendid tag! You truly have added gorgeousness to all of the elements you have used, your design is brilliant!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable tag. It reminds me of my sister, who hasn't yet seen all the places she wants to visit! Thanks for inspiring me to create today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love this tag, you are so skilled

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews